We are receiving regular updates regarding Coronavirus from AFTA (The Australian Federation of Travel Agents) and understand that it may have implications for some travellers.
When traveling at any time it is important to exercise common sense, remain vigilant and stay informed. Here are some helpful tips:
1. Your decision to travel is ultimately a personal choice. The decision is one that you must make, based on your personal circumstances and all the information available to you.
2. Ensure your information comes from an official source:
• World Health Organisation (WHO) - www.who.int
• Smartraveller - www.smartraveller.gov.au
• Department of Health - www.health.gov.au
3. It is important to remember that many destinations remain unaffected. When deciding if travel at this time is right for you, you need to ensure that you’re informed, not just about your destination, but about the countries you might need to transit through to get there, and home. Visit the Smartraveller website. Additionally, the WHO website provides general recommendations regarding the type of hygiene behaviours that minimise the spread of the virus. We also recommend you seek medical advice prior to travel. This is always a wise option,
regardless of where you are travelling.
4. If you decide to cancel, you will be subject to the terms and conditions you agreed to when you made your booking. This may result in cancellation fees and other fees depending on your particular circumstance. Read the terms and conditions to determine your liability.
5. You should always take out travel insurance and make sure you are aware of what is and isn’t covered. If you already have a travel insurance policy, read the PDS, talk to your ATAS travel agent about your policy or speak with your Insurance Provider to ascertain your level of coverage. For example, some policies offer ‘cancel for any reason’ cover and other policies have cut off dates for coverage of COVID-19 if you get sick whilst overseas.
We'd like to thank all our MyHoliday2 customers for their support and patience at this challenging time. The safety of our customers is of utmost importance to us - please contact us to discuss your travel plans and the options available to you at this time or view our current policies regarding COVID-19 here: https://www.myholiday2.com.au/refund-policy
Download the Covid-19 travel advice flyer here
The MyHoliday2 Travel Team