We all love travelling but the actual ‘travelling’ to the destination can suck. I’m talking about airport queues, long stopovers, squashed economy seats, cardboard food, jet-lag… etc.
Having visited 35 countries in as many years on this planet, I have been able to come up with some tips on how to make the experience of ‘travelling’ that bit more comfortable. Especially when taking a long-haul flight.
Here are my top 10 tips and must-have’s on any flight a.k.a my Flight Survival Kit…
1. Comfortable Clothing – It ain’t a fashion show so embrace the joggers. Comfort is key when you’re crammed in economy.
2. Pair of Socks – Planes can get pretty chilly, especially on a night flight so a nice wooly pair of socks are a life saver. Some airlines provide them in their ‘comfort packs’ but i’ve noticed them cutting corners of late! Bring a jumper too as airline blankets can be a bit thin and they just don’t cut it.
3. Eye Mask & Ear Plugs – Bright lights and crying babies…need I say more?
4. Neck pillow – Ideally a memory-foam one. Makes all the difference when your trying to get some shut eye. Don’t underestimate a good neck pillow!
5. Wet Wipes/Face Wipes – After a long flight its good to freshen up before you land with a moist face wipe (and underarms if you’re a bit stinky)
6. Face Moisturiser – Skin can dry out quite bad with the recycled air so a good moisturiser helps rehydrate your skin.
7. Eye Drops – Again, from the recycled air (and lack of sleep), eye-drops prevent red, dry, sore eyes so you look and feel fresh when you land.
8. Throat Lollies – Along with your skin and eyes, your throat can also dry and out become quite sore. With some nice soothers you can avoid this irritation.
9. Herbal Sleeping Pills – If you’re no good at sleeping on planes (like me) have a glass of wine and pop a sleeping pill to help you relax and drift off. These also help to relax nervous flyers.
10. Toothbrush / Toothpaste – The ones they give you are a bit rubbish. Sorry airlines!
11. Apple – This one may seen strange but in my opinion there is nothing like a fresh apple (Granny Smith) to crunch on during a long flight/stopover. It cleans your teeth, freshens your breath and gives you a nutritional boost lacking from airline food.
12. Old Hand Towel/Tea Towel – If you have a couple of hours in transit, do yourself a favour and get a shower in the shower room. You’ll embark on your next flight feeling a million dollars! Take an old tea towel / hand towel with you so you can throw it away after use, a mini hotel soap and clean pair of pants. So fresh and so clean!
Oops, that was 12 tips, not 10, but if you stick to this flight survival kit list I guarantee you will have a more comfortable journey and arrive at your destination refreshed and ready to enjoy your holiday.
#flights #longhaul #flightsurvivalkit #holiday #travelling #holidaytoasia #flightstovietnam #airlinefood #stopover #travel
Feature Destination: Maldives Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places on earth! We are super excited to launch our all …
3 Years of ATAS Accreditation! 2020 has been a hard year for pretty much everyone in Australia and all over …
Something very exciting has happened here at MyHoliday2 HQ, we’ve teamed up with Royal Brunei Airlines to bring you an …
Myanmar is truly a country like no other. It remains virtually untouched by tourism, the history is incredible and the …
Our guides are so important to us and we love hearing the great reviews we receive from our customers about …